Time Strategies

 

Checklist
Source: StockSnap (Pixabay)

 

I got some really good suggestions for how to manage my time during this class. Now I see why it was suggested I work ahead. Being able to pull of this schedule with the current due dates would mean being at least a week ahead. Putting forward more work the second week to cover the next two I feel will put me at a comfortable place, so I'll definitely work hard this week to get that done.

I read several of the time management articles listed, but there were a few that stood out.

"The Important Habit of Just Starting" written by Jory Mackay made me realize that I occasionally have "temporal myopia," which is the inability to see into my future. This causes me to occasionally procrastinate on tasks I feel won't be an issue. However, with my busy life of taking classes online, helping my third grader with his virtual learning, and trying to keep my three-year-old from washing the cat in the sink I should account for outside forces causing time delays. This is only the first week of class and reading this articles makes it quickly clear that having a time buffer by doing projects early is best. Looking toward the potential future assignments and delays that can hinder them will help me have a successful last semester.

Also Aine Cain's article about "11 ways unsuccessful people mismanage their time" made me realize the importance of a checklist. With all my classes online, it puts more initiative on me organizing my tasks without reminders from professors.

The articles were all really helpful and I hope to make my way through all of them eventually!

Comments

Popular Posts