Microfictions: Two stories about falling stars

Microfiction 01.
Title: Starstruck
Note: This is an original microfiction about the constellation Orion falling for a demi-goddess/daughter of Aphrodite
he was watching from the sky.

 


Orion
Source: cocorrina

Valentina. She had a name that hinted lover -- with her cupid’s arrow smile, a beauty that demanded hearts set at her altar. But she was a goddess of war, abandoning her offerings to neglect, to rot unattended in her disregard.

But like this, in layers of tulle and the warm pulse of too much wine, staining her lips, saturating her blood, the goddesses armor was loose and liberated.

And Orion slipped into the cracks.


Microfiction 02.
Title: Stella Reprobi
Note: This is an original microfiction about Lucifer's fall from grace and the angel who chose to fall with him.

 

 
Fallen Angel
Source: Tumblr

Lucifer was alone when Beelzebub touched down on the tallest mountain, the peak closest to Heaven. Morning Star's head was tipped back with blood and longing smeared on his face as he gazed at his old home.

“I am here.“
Beelzebub touched Lucifer's arm. Sword and shield. They stood side by side -- heaven above them, earth beneath, and braced themselves for the oncoming swarm of angels pouring out from a wound in the sky. Their Lord’s wrath, fury, and righteous punishment for their betrayal and pride.

Again, voice raised as he drew his sword, Beezlebub reassured, “I am here.“

Comments

  1. Hi Harana,

    First, I must say that these are excellent micro fictions. I'm not too cultured on what some micro fiction dos and do-nots are, but your first story here absolutely wowed me. The visuals that it gave me and the amount of things that you were able to express in such few words was truly impressive. I would also like to take this time to compliment the photos that you chose as well. They are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, these are awesome! The demi-goddess was painted in my head really well. I didn't see her, but it was like I could sense who she was from your description, and that's what took physical form in my head. It was fantastic! I really loved the last line of the first microfiction. That's something I would expect to read in a microfiction anthology or poetry book. The second story had really beautiful imagery and the emotion in that one was very keen, I definitely felt that. Now I'm wondering what your process was for creating these two wonderful stories. I think you could explore obscure/not as well known characters really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such gool stories! wow! I'm not too familiar with the microfiction "rules" but I personally think you nailed it. Your story, Starstruck, is so beautifully written I think I read it 5 times in a row. I think the more I read it, the more I understood and could see the story in my head. So well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts