Storybook Plan

Storybook Project: Case Files from the Grimm Brothers

Stories to be used:

  1. The Robber Bridegroom
  2. Cinderella
  3. The Twelve Huntsmen
  4. Snow White and Rose Red

These stories will be reverse murder mysteries with the Brothers Grimm as private detectives. The crime, person killed, and the murderer/s are stated first, then by reading through the case file the motive and backstory is unraveled.

Other authors might make appearances as private detectives, such as Charles Perrault with his "Bluebeard" story as a related crime to "The Robber Bridegroom."

It will be an anthology of separate stories standing on their own. I want the characters to be more morally gray rather than black and white. A dark and dismal setting.

Comments

  1. Hi Harana! I am really intrigued to see what you do with these fairy tales turned murder mysteries. It reminds me of that old movie Happily Never After! I love seeing classic tales be spun on their heads and turned into something new. Because this is an anthology I am assuming that none of the characters in each story will be related in a way? I like that you took it that way. I feel most people would connect them but it seems that this will help you achieve your goal of a mysterious tone surrounding your works. Good luck, I am excited to read it in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts