Week 8 Reading and Writing

Backward:

I really enjoyed the various writing assignments as they introduced me to new stories from around the world. It was fascinating to see how there are repetitive motifs no matter what part of the world a story was written.

I'm also pretty happy with my blog. I feel it's easy on the eyes and easy to follow, but I do have some issues with my project website. It doesn't allow for flexible linking to particular stories, but I would have to work from scratch to fix it.

When it comes to my stories for the project -- I wanted it to have more layers like images of case files, autopsy reports, and side character profiles but I feel that would be too ambitious, especially as it's my last semester and I have a lot on my plate with graduating and virtual schooling my two kids. I can break that up maybe into different cases.

 


Scheherazade

Art by Lisa Parfenova: Source

I really liked this art of Scheherazade. I feel it shows how calm her character is, which was how she was able to bear the threat of death for so long. She's the hero of her story, and her husband was the villain.

Forward:

I feel moving forward I need to just relax and enjoy the class. It's my most enjoyable and favorite one this semester, but sometimes I feel pressured to "outdo" my older pieces. But writing isn't a straight or upward path. Keeping that in mind-- experimenting and stepping out of my comfort zone in a place of learning would be my next step.

Comments

Popular Posts