Learning Challenge: Circadian Rythm

 

Sleep Wake
Source: The New York Times (here)

Article: Yes, Your Sleep Schedule Is Making You Sick
Author: Richard A. Friedman
Link: Here

 As someone who is more active, engaged, and creative at night -- this was a hard read as I realized that sleep is importantly related to daylight. Friedman wrote, "In other words, our internal clock is easily influenced and kept in check by the daylight cycle." I feel especially with the pandemic, all my classes being online, and my children being virtually schooled from home that it's easy to lose my usual sleep-wake schedule. But Friedman explained that being isolated from external cues will damage our sleep schedule, and therefore damage our health. I think I'll try to go to bed at a more reasonable time (even if it's not something I want to do). Maybe I'll be able to see positive benefits from it to push me to continue that.

Comments

Popular Posts